Sat, Nov 11|
Supreme Detailing Altamonte Springs
✔️ Learn to Polish like the Experts. ✔️ Complete introduction to RUPES Machines, Pads and Creams ✔️ Demonstration of Sanding and Polishing Techniques ✔️ Demonstration of all types of Paint Waxes and Sealants
Time & Location
Nov 11, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Supreme Detailing Altamonte Springs, 506 N State Rd 434, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714, USA
About the event
Have you ever wanted to properly polish your car, but were too scared to harm the paint?
Supreme Detailing Academy’s Sanding & Polishing Workshop is the answer.
Our Sanding and Polishing hands-on training is designed for those who want to become skilled in the art of sanding and polishing. We provide a comprehensive learning experience from beginning to end, teaching both the basics and the finer points of sanding and polishing and the chemicals needed. Our trainers have years of experience and will help you develop a mastery of the techniques needed to achieve a smooth, flawless finish. We offer one-on-one instruction and hands-on practice so you can hone your skills quickly and easily.
Sign up today and start learning the art of sanding and polishing.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn to Polish like the Experts.
- Complete introductioN to RUPES Machines, Pads and Creams
- Demonstration of Sanding and Polishing Techniques
- Demonstration of all types of Paint Waxes and Sealants
- Proper preparation to avoid damage/compound overspray
- Spot polishing to remove minor blemishes
- Choosing the proper chemicals
- Choosing the proper pads
- How to evaluate and remove paint damage and paint defects
DIFFERENT PAINT TECHNOLOGIES
Car paint technology has advanced significantly over the years, with innovations aimed at improving durability, appearance, and environmental impact. Here are some notable developments in car paint technology:
- Water-Based Paints: Traditional solvent-based paints have been largely replaced by water-based paints. These paints contain fewer volatile organic compounds (VOCs), reducing their environmental impact and health hazards. Water-based paints also offer better color accuracy and are easier to apply and repair.
- Clear Coat Technology: Clear coats are transparent layers applied over the colored base coat to enhance gloss and protect the paint. Advances in clear coat technology have led to improved UV resistance, better scratch resistance, and increased longevity of the paint finish. Some clear coats incorporate self-healing properties, where minor scratches can be mended by the heat of the sun or warm water.
- Ceramic Coatings: Ceramic coatings, also known as nano-coatings, have gained popularity in recent years. These coatings provide an extra layer of protection by forming a chemical bond with the car's paintwork. Ceramic coatings offer superior resistance to UV rays, chemicals, oxidation, and minor scratches, while also providing hydrophobic properties that make the car easier to clean.
- Metallic and Pearlescent Finishes: Advances in pigment technology have allowed for the creation of metallic and pearlescent finishes. Metallic paints contain small metal flakes that create a shimmering effect, while pearlescent paints contain mica particles that give a pearlescent or iridescent appearance. These finishes add depth and uniqueness to a car's appearance.
- Powder Coating: Although primarily used for coating wheels and other metal parts, powder coating is gaining popularity in the automotive industry. Powder coating involves electrostatically applying dry powder to the car's surface, which is then cured under heat to form a hard and durable finish. It provides excellent resistance to chipping, fading, and corrosion.
- Paint Protection Films: Paint protection films, also known as clear bra or PPF, are transparent polyurethane films that can be applied to the car's exterior. These films provide an additional layer of protection against scratches, stone chips, and other minor abrasions. They are self-healing to some extent and can be removed without damaging the underlying paint.
WE WILL GO OVER:
- Single stage paint
- Dual stage (base & clear-coat)
- Lacquer-based paint
- Fiberglass/gel coat
- Carbon Fiber
MOST COMMON PAINT DEFECTS
Paint damage takes on many forms, and is caused by many different sources:
- Swirl marks
- Bird droppings
- UVA & UVB rays
- Paint transfer
- Key marks
Attending an auto sanding and polishing workshop can be highly beneficial for individuals involved in the automotive industry, car enthusiasts, or those interested in maintaining and restoring the appearance of their vehicles.